The Prince George Community Radio Society is seeking volunteers for our Board of Directors. The Board operates under a governance model and is responsible for establishing the mission and vision of the organization, providing strategic planning and financial oversight, and undertaking initiatives to enhance the organization’s public image in the community.
The Board Executive consists of the President, Vice-president, Treasurer, Secretary and four Directors at Large. Each director is elected for a two-year term. The board will then select the executive positions (ie President, Treasurer, etc)
Prince George Community Radio Society Board members will be expected to:
- Be members in good standing, Canadian citizens, permanent residents or licensees and shall reside in the geographic area of the Regional District of Fraser-Fort George.
- Attend monthly board meetings
- Read all monthly committee reports, meetings minutes, and other background documents as required.
- Participate in email discussions and respond to emails in a timely fashion.
- Contribute effectively to committee work as required; and
- Contribute the time necessary to be an effective board member (approx 10 hours per month).
Desirable qualifications for Board members include:
- Background or strong interest in Community Radio.
- Experience or knowledge of finance, public/media relations, marketing or communications.
- Experience in working on, and with, a volunteer board and board governance in the not-for-profit sector; and
- Considerable community and business connections.
President – Prince George Community Radio Society